How do you get so empty? Who takes it out of you?
I’m not saying that drinking
is the only solution that makes
my problems go away but
it’s just that the combination
of alcohol and bad decisions
makes it easier to forget
your name and blur your face
and that’s enough to convince
me that I can be happy again.
I didn’t realize it, but the days came along one after another, and then two years were gone, and everything was gone, and I was gone.
What’s the worst thing I’ve stolen? Probably little pieces of other people’s lives. Where I’ve either wasted their time or hurt them in some way. That’s the worst thing you can steal, the time of other people. You just can’t get that back.
Roam if you must, but come home when you’ve seen enough.
You never get over it. But you get to where it doesn’t bother you so much.
I will not be your “sometimes”.
And then she told herself, “Stop being so weak. Grow up and get over it.” and then she never felt anything again.
16 Things I Discovered The Hard Way
1. You cannot control the weather. The world may be at your hands, but you must understand that this does not mean that you can dictate the direction that the wind will blow.
2. You cannot control the way someone will feel about you. Do not pour yourself into another being. Do not lose sight of yourself to satisfy others.
3. There is no such thing as a dumb question, but one must not ask a question if they cannot handle the answer to follow.
4. Nothing is permanent. Every single thing in life is temporary. You must understand this.
5. Nothing is guaranteed. You can imagine the way you would like for things to work out, but good things do not simply appear overnight.
6. Know that everything changes. Like the tide and the sun, things will look different from morning to night. Things will feel different. Things will change.
7. Change is constant. We must accept change. We must prepare to move forward.
8. People will leave. People will stay. People will come and go. Each of them will serve a purpose in who you are. Remember this when you struggle to understand their fleeing.
9. It is okay to cry.
10. Take no advantage of your parents. They will give you the world for as long as they can. They are the most important figures in your life. They will always matter. They will always care.
11. Do not regret. Do not question. The more we stay stuck on something the more time we will waste. We cannot afford to waste time. Time is precious.
12. You may question all you want, but you cannot change the outcome of what once was. You cannot change the way that something has already turned out.
13. It is okay to cry.
14. Life will rip your heart out and spit on it. Things will happen and you will not understand them. Life is not always fair.
15. You cannot control the weather, but you can control yourself. You can control the way that you live your life. You can control your happiness. Where you go. What you see. Who you are. Live in spontaneity. This is your life. Do not look back on what it could have been.
16. You will be okay.